Frequently Asked Questions
The following is a list of most commonly asked questions:
How do I create a new user account?
In order to register for courses online, you must have an account with KenTon Community Education. Creating an account also gives you online access to view your registration history, change your address and more.If you have enrolled in a Community Education program on a previous occasion and provided us with an email address, a default password using your first initial, last initial and zipcode (i.e. jd12121) has been set up for you. Use your email address to log in.
New participants can go to our Sign up page to create a new account.
Note: you must have an email address to set up an account with us.
What courses do you currently offer?
Select one of the Lookup Courses links (in the left navigation bar) to see the list of courses we currently offer.
How do I register for a course?
To register for a course:
- Look Up Course - look up the course you want to enroll in on our Course Listing page.
- Add to Enrollment Cart - click the Add to Enrollment Cart button on the Course Information page to start the registration process.
- Logon - log on to the system. Note: if you're already logged on, this step will be skipped.
- Select Course Fees - select the course fee options (i.e. select registration fee, add optional fees).
- Add More Courses - if you are enrolling in other courses, click the Add More Courses button and repeat steps 1, 2, and 4. Otherwise, continue to step 6.
- Register for Selected Courses - once you have added all the desired courses to your Enrollment Card, click the Finish Registration button to continue the registration process.
- Supplemental Data - some courses require additional registration information (i.e. T-Shirt size, meal preference, etc.). If the course you enrolled in has additional registration information requirements, the Supplemental Data page now opens for you to enter your information. Click the Submit button after entering the information to continue.
- Make Payment - enter your payment information then click the Submit Payment button*** .
***Important Note*** The Wait page will be displayed to you while the system is waiting for credit card approval. DO NOT move away from this page (click your Back button, select another URL, etc.) until the process is completed. If you do, the approval process is aborted and you WILL NOT be enrolled in the course.
- Registration Confirmed - the Registration Confirmation page now opens notifying you that you are enrolled in the course(s). A confirmation email with the registration specifics is also sent to your email address. At this time, you can safely log off the system.
Which methods of payment do you accept online?
We currently accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
What is the cancellation policy if I am unable to attend?
Requests for refunds or transfers must be made in person or in writing and received by the Community Education Office in room 218 at Kenmore Middle School at least 3 business days before the scheduled beginning of a course excluding courses with a specific registration deadline. School holidays and weekends are not considered business days. A $5.00 processing charge will be applied in all instances. A minimum number of students are needed to run classes. Therefore, NO REFUNDS or TRANSFERS will be issued after the refund request deadline. We regret that we cannot make exceptions to our refund policy due to unexpected events in personal or business affairs that may keep you from attending.
We are sorry that no refunds or credits will be given after the first class because your child was unwilling to attend the program you've selected for him or her.
How do I cancel a registration?
You cannot cancel a registration online. To cancel a registration, you must contact:
*Please include your full name and address, registration details for the course you want to cancel (i.e. course code, title, and dates) and a day time phone number where we can contact you.
What do I do if I've lost my password?
You can send a request for your password to be sent to your email address on our Lookup Password page.
How can I find out what courses I'm registered in?
To see a list of courses in which you are enrolled, visit the Registration History page then click the appropriate button:
- Upcoming Courses - view a list of your upcoming courses with dates and location
- Completed Courses - view a list of completed courses with the hours and grades earned